Monday, November 16, 2009

Which form of depression you have? Easy examples to show you


Hello guys, long time not seeing you here because I was a little too busy in the last few weeks.
Linda wrote a letter to me and asked me if I had a depression myself those days, lol I haven't. I always have a peaceful feeling, not depression, sometimes may feel happy, but for more time just peacefulness.
(BTW, in my future post I will tell you guys a little story about my depression days and how I conquered it several years ago, I would be appreciated if you would like to share your story to me too)

Now I assume you have known much about these:
What is major depression
Why you have depression
Why hate panic away
Top 7 trustful online shops for ordering health products
Quickest way to be depression-free

Let's continue to talk about the depression forms because I know some guys don't quite know how to distinguish them.
Knowing which depression form you have is quite important because if you have made quite a clear view of your depression form you will then understand which way of treatment is the right one.
Now according to the national institute of mental health.

Here are five different depression forms.

1. Major depression disorder
Just like its name, major, you can tell its the most serious kind of depression.
It's a combination of symptoms that you will loose all the interests to your outside world, and it even prevents you from sleeping, eating, working etc. If not treated, the big chance is that the major depression will recur throughout your life.
For example: I am unable to work.

2. Dysthymic disorder (dysthymia)
Long term durance but less severe than the major depression. For example, you will still go to work or go to school, you will still eat quite a lot or less, but you always feel sad. Dysthymic disorder may also accompanied by sleeplessness, eating less but not always disable you.
For example: I can work but I feel sad about it.

Some other forms of depression like:
1. phychotic depression
It's a special kind of depression because it's accompanied by psychosis such as delusions, hallucinations etc.
For example: I can work but I always see my boss scolding me.

2. Postpartum depression
Diagnosed of a new mother that has depression within a month after delivery. It's reported that the ratio of the postpartum depression is 10%-15%. So you can see it's quite common.
For example: ... quite easy to know it right? So just skip it.

3. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
You mood will change according to the seasons?
Not exactly, in fact, it's the sunlight that influence your mood. Especially when you are in winter months that you can not get enough sunlight. You SAD will occur.
The treatment is to use light therapy as well as other therapies like antidepressant medication and psychotherapy.
Please note that the sunlight or other light will have positive effect on your feelings and have effect on other depressions too. Which I will talk about in my future post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment